Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Male Anglers Top 10:
1. Eamon Conroy 33lbs 12oz, 6 fish
2. Joe Thormey 32lbs 0oz, 12 fish
3. John Nicholson 29lbs 5oz, 8 fish
4. Bodo Funke 21lbs 8oz, 4 fish
5. Gerry Lyons 17lbs 10oz 1 fish
6. Francis McGlynn 16lbs 8oz, 6 fish
7. Bas De Ridder 13lbs 4oz, 3 fish
8. Myles Quinn 13lbs 2oz, 3fish
9. Owen Garvin 12lbs, 1 fish
10. Fred Phillips 10lbs 4oz, 2 fish
1. Lucy Garvin 17lbs 14oz 6 fish
2. Denise Ryan 5lbs 1oz 1fish
3. Ann McGlynn 2lbs 3oz 1 fish
3. Ann Conroy 2lbs 3oz, 1 fish
4. Jane Suffin 1lbs, 1 fish
1. Patrick McDonnell 8lbs 7oz, 3 fish
2. Gary Nicholson 8lbs 2oz, 4 fish
3. Ben Geoghegan 5lbs 10oz, 2 fish
Monday, April 28, 2008
Shown above is Kieran McCormack, Killishandra, the winner of this years Paddy Kelly Memorial Competetion with his winning fish.
Also pictured is local Junior angler Ben Geoghegan with one of several pike he caught on the day. Well Done Ben!!!
It's great to see more Juniors coming along and getting involved in the wonderful past time that angling is.
The Results of the Paddy Kelly Memorial Perpetual Cup were as follows:
1st: Kieran McCormack, Killishandra
2nd: Paul O'Dowd, Ballyconnell
3rd: John Nicholson, Boyle
Friday, April 25, 2008
I endevour to update this page frequently, but members please also feel free to send me some stuff for publication here. Anything you might find of interest or a good photo of a fish or anything else you would like to share with the Club, please drop me a line at: email@example.com or alternatively give me a call.
I found this on the website of a Canadian Fishing Camp and thought I might share it with you:
"Recognizing the importance of maintaining our monster pike we instantly
instituted a catch and release policy from day one of our operation so that we
might share these beautiful TROPHY PIKE with you! Catch and release fishing is
not just a marketing gimmick to us or something that was initiated recently out
of necessity to save the fishery but rather it's a way of life for us. Our catch
and release policy has allowed us to have 100% control of our trophy pike
A bit of food for thought, any chance to turn back time???
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Also don't forget that we will be fishing for the Paddy Kelly Memorial Perpetual Cup on Sunday; Venue: Lough Na Blaithe. Looking forward to see you there.
Friday, April 18, 2008
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Monday, April 14, 2008
After three "pounds recorded" competitions so far, this is what the Leaderboard looks like at the moment:
Male Anglers Top 10:
- Eamon Conroy 26 lbs 14oz, 4 fish
- Joe Thormey 21lbs 8oz, 2 fish
- Bodo Funke 18lbs 12oz, 2 fish
- Gerry Lyons 17lbs 10oz 1 fish
- John Nicholson 14lbs 3oz, 3 fish
- Owen Garvin 12lbs, 1 fish
- Francis McGlynn 11lbs 9oz, 2 fish
- Myles Quinn 11lbs 8oz, 2fish
- Fred Phillips 10lbs 4oz, 2 fish
- Bas De Ridder 9lbs 10oz, 2 fish
- Denise Ryan 5lbs 1oz 1fish
- Lucy Garvin 4lbs 8oz 2 fish
- Ann Conroy 1lbs 2oz, 1 fish
- Jane Suffin 1lbs, 1 fish
- Gary Nicholson 4lbs 14oz, 2 fish
- Patrick McDonnell 2lbs 3oz, 2 fish
Next fixture is the Paddy Kelly Memorial Perpetual Cup, which is being fished on the 27th of April 2008, on Lough Na Blaithe.
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
I hope to have a photo of Mark O'Connors winning fish for you later today.
Friday, April 4, 2008
The next upcoming competition is the Paddy Kelly Memorial Perpetual Cup, which is being fished on Sunday the 27th of April. The venue for this competition is Lough NaBlaithe. Fishing is from 11 am to 6 pm.
As usual our strict Catch & Release policy is in place, please support this policy.
Thursday, April 3, 2008
The above picture was taken a recent presentation of a cheque of €1000 to the Brothers of Charity, donated by the Boyle and District Angling Club. Shown in photo is Club Secretary Brian Rush, Veroncia O’Connor, Reach Tutor, and accepting the cheque on behalf of the Brothers of Charity are Anthony and Thomas.